Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Unworthy To Hold To His Hand

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible
I love the song "Unworthy." by the late Ira Stanphill. The first time I heard it was when I was newly saved in 1965. I have never felt worthy of Jesus' love. None-the-less the lyrics of the song include the words, "He made me worthy." I am so glad the Lord Jesus made me worthy when He went to the cross. We are all unworthy sinners before a righteous God. The only one truly righteous was the Lord Jesus. He came into the world as a man and as a man suffered and died for us. We ought all to be glad for His sacrifice of Calvary because that is where we were made worthy. BTW, a sample of the lyrics are as follows:
     "But He Made me worthy and now by His grace, 
      His mercy has made me His own."

Truly neither you nor I could ever be worthy on our own merits. Even the most righteous of us could not live good enough to undo the damage caused by our father Adam. The Lord Jesus said in Matthew 5:20"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." If you want to go to heaven one day but feel unworthy of His love, why don't you turn from your sins and put your faith and trust in the Lord Jesus today. Obey His Word and let Him make you worthy.
(See Acts 2:1-4Acts 2:36-39, and Acts 4:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment