Friday, May 28, 2021

Doom and Gloom

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. The Hebrew and Greek meaning of the words mentioned are from Strong's Hebrew Greek Dictionary.

This posting has a lot to do with something I read about several weeks ago. A statement that came from CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD about the "Impending Doom" that is confronting the U.S. of A. To read about the article put in the address field, 'impending doom cdc.'  In it she said in regard to the recent pandemic that she felt a sense of doom. Of doom? There is a doom that is coming on this world that Christians look forward to. The return of the Lord Jesus for His church!

I remember I first heard about the Lord Jesus coming back for His church when I was about five years old. My folks had recently separated (and divorced). My mother had moved to Puyallup, Washington, ostensibly to get us away from some undesirable influences in Morton. There was a beautiful light show outside (with the Perseid Meteor shower). My maternal grandmother happened to be visiting and while everybody was outside oohing and aweing over the sight I was crying, being afraid.

I remember my grandma coming over to me and kneeling down and asking me why I was crying. I told her I was afraid. She told me not to be afraid as this was a sign in the heavens that Jesus was coming back to take His church out. I ceased to be afraid then and began to be in awe of the wonderful sight. I think that was my first knowledge of the Lord Jesus' return. Although I didn't serve the Lord throughout my youth, (I didn't go nor was I sent to church), I don't remember ever doubting that the Lord would return someday.

When I converted to the Lord in 1965, I began to live right. I went to Conquerors Bible College in 1967 and have been a licenced minister with the United Pentecostal Church since 1968 having pastored several churches from 1970 on. My friend, there are many who would like to call this organization a cult. It is made up of men and women who like myself have tried to win the lost to the Lord Jesus Christ. Only the Church of the Lord Jesus will welcome Him at His return. I am glad I was baptized in Jesus name and have received His Holy Spirit and lived for the Lord to the best of my ability since. 

If you are reading this testimony and have never experienced salvation, let me invite you and introduce you to the only One who can save you, the Saviour Jesus Christ,  and He will save you if you let Him. I am so glad that at age 23 I gave my heart to the Lord and have since that day continued to live for Him,  I am almost 80 now and don't have a lot of time left to tell of His marvelous grace in my life. As one song says, "I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now." Put all your hope and trust in the Lord Jesus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment