Friday, July 26, 2019

Do You Know Who Jesus Is?

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. The Hebrew and Greek meaning of the words mentioned are from Strong's Hebrew Greek Dictionary.

That man from Galilee. This song was written, as I understand it, by some folks from Conquerors Bible College in Portland, Oregon many years ago. The words go like this;
  
   Do You Know Who Jesus Is? That man from Galilee.
   Who made the lame to walk again and caused the blind to see,
   Some say He was a good man who walked this earthly sod.
   But He's Jesus my Lord and my God.

     Chorus
     He's the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End,
     He's the Great I Am The Truth The Way, God's fulness dwells in Him,
     He's Wonderful, the Counselor, the Prince of Peace is He,
     Yes He's Jesus my Lord and my God.

   I read about a man one day who wished the Lord to see,
   He was so small of stature he climbed up in a tree,
   And when the multitude drew near and he looked that way,
   He saw Jesus my Lord and my God.

   Doubting Thomas would not believe that Jesus had risen again,
   Till Jesus stood within their midst and said stretch forth thy hand,
   When Thomas saw the nail prints and the side where flowed the blood,
   He cried Jesus my Lord and my God.

It is followed by:
   He's God on this platform, He's God out past the door,
   He's God in the amen corner, He's God forever more,
   I know God is God and God will never change,
   I know God is God and Jesus is His name.

   He's God when the lightning Flashes, He's God when the thunder rolls,
   He's God way up in heaven and He's God way down in my soul,
   I know God is God and God will never change,
   I know God is God and Jesus is His name.
   etc.,

There is more but I don't remember all the words. The Bible says in Colossions 2:8-10, ''Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power..." According to Strong's Hebrew Greek dictionary the term "dwelleth," in this passage has the meaning of residing permanently. You don't believe me? Here is Strong's definition, " G2730 κατοικέω {pronounced) katoikeō kat-oy-keh'-o From G2596 and G3611; to house permanently, that is, reside (literally or figuratively): - dwell (-er), inhabitant (-ter). Total KJV occurrences: 47" 

And in Isaiah 9:6-7 the Bible tells us, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." The Son shall be called the everlasting Father? That explains what John meant when he wrote in John 14:7"If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."  Apparently this confused Philip and the other apostles for in verse 8 he immediately asked Jesus to show them the Father and they would be satisfied. The response of the Lord Jesus is truly astounding. He replied in verse 9"...Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" When you see the Son of God, You see the Everlasting Father.

Another song that used to be sung by the late brother and sister Nathaniel A Urshan, the chorus is as follows:
   Who do you say I am, and whence do you say I came?
   Do you know the Father and can you tell His holy name?
   In Jesus dwells the fulness of the Godhead don't you see,
   Jesus is the Great I AM and the Lord of all is He.

And finally,
   He's the great I AM the Everlasting Father,
   He's the Prince of peace the great Eternal wonder,
   Holy Counsellor the Mighty God is Jesus,
   He's the great He's the great I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment