Friday, March 29, 2019

Jesus Christ, All Day, Every Day.

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.

For the born again Christian the Lord Jesus is indeed 24/7. What I mean by that is He is the Lord and Master of your life all the time! What else could apostle Paul have meant when he said in Colossians 3:17, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." He (that is His will) should be present in our minds at all times. I don't mean (nor do I want) to sound super spiritual because I know I'm not, but I do believe that Paul was. I don't think he considered himself that way either. In any event the coming of the Lord Jesus will happen and I want to be ready.

I am now 77 years old and my time on earth is drawing to a close. I long for the day that I will see Jesus. I just want to see Him in peace. And I will too. The devil has been plaguing me in my mind almost without intermission the last few years. I think he wants me to give in and give up. Perhaps he knows my time is short (I personally won't give him that much credit, but I do know that his time is short and he knows it also, see 
Revelation 12:12). My faith and trust is in the Lord Jesus and has been for the last 53 + years. I feel like one of the church fathers, I believe it was Polycarp, who was reputed to have said when he was offered his life if he would only recant, "Eighty and six years I have served Him, and He has done me no wrong." I too can truly say for the last 53+ years the Lord Jesus has done me no wrong either.

Please do not think that I have had any premonition of my impending demise, I have not, but as I said earlier I am 77 years old and in this life you don't live forever, thank you father Adam. Let me take this opportunity to give thanks and praise to the Lord Jesus who said in John 10:10b  "...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Are you an heir of the abundant life that the Lord Jesus mentioned? You can be! If you have never repented of your sin, or been baptized in Jesus name or received the Holy Ghost (or Spirit), turn to God today, and find someone to baptize you in the only name that can save you. God has promised you His Spirit. (Please see Acts 2:38 and Acts 4:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment