Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Advice that is Godly

I really don't understand computer technology. This is my old blog site. the new one is under John Dinwiddie while the old one is under the Pentecostal preacher. As I said in the new site, ah well.

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.  
The Apostle Paul said in 1st Corinthians 7:10-11"And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife." This, the apostle said, is the commandment of the Lord Jesus Himself. I don't think the Lord has changed his mind over the intervening years. I have read the Bible through many times and never have I found to what scripture Apostle Paul was referring to. My assumption then is that he received by direct revelation from the Lord Jesus. He was after all the apostle to the Gentiles!

My spouse and I have discussed this issue many times. She doesn't necessarily agree with me as to what Paul said for in the subsequent scriptures, e,g., 1st Corinthians 7:12-15 the apostle said if an unbelieving spouse departs the believing spouse is under no obligation in such cases. We have never argued over what the Bible says but each time I have had to counsel with anyone on these issues I have always tried to apply these scriptures to the persons I have counselled with. (By the way I am not a licenced counselor).

The Bible does say in Romans 7:1-3"Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man." 

This then is a serious issue. the Bible is clear that no adulterer shall  inherit the kingdom of God. In 1st Corinthians 6:9-11 Paul said,  "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." We all, everyone of us, fit the description in some point or another. For as the Bible says in Ephesians 2:3"Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others." The Apostle Paul even included himself in the foregoing scripture. What else could he have meant with the term, "...we all..." 

So my advice is...if you are a Christian and you just can't get along with your spouse, don't worry, you may leave him or her, just live a celibate life or be reconciled to them. This is the Lord's command not mine. And this is very good and godly advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment