Monday, December 18, 2017

King Jesus

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. 
Malachi 1:13-14, "Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD. But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen."

As I re-read the last posting today, I got to wondering how individuals in the church should respond. I am a Gentile believer as are most in the church today. As such we are not bound by the Jewish ceremonial law. So what about the remonstrance God made to Israel for the "...torn, and the lame, and the sick;" As a Gentile I don't sacrifice animals to the Lord such as a male in the flock whether corrupt or not.

As I read Adam Clarke's comments on Malachi 1:14, he made reference to Ananias and Saffira, his wife in Acts 5:1. The whole account is found in Acts 5:1-11. The crux of the story is that they lied to the Holy Ghost about their sale of some property and when they were found out (See Numbers 32:23b) they fell down dead at Peter's feet. The sin was not in keeping back a part of the price but in lying to the Holy Ghost.

God said in Malachi 1:14, "...cursed be the deceiver..." God does not like liars. The Bible says in Revelation 21:8, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." I have often wondered why God killed Ananias and Saffira and left others alone for doing essentially the same thing. Which brings me back to my original question. How does a Gentile offer to God "...that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick;"

I think the answer is when we offer to the Lord Jesus insincere worship. We don't deceive God for the Bible says in Hebrews 4:12-13,  "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." It will never do to lie to the Holy Ghost for we will face our lies at judgment.


I want to be saved in the day of the Lord's return.  I think you do too. He is going to return one of these days.  I want the Lord to be my justification. I have told many lies in the past. I thank God for the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus that takes away my sins. If you have never asked the Lord for forgiveness, even for what we consider "little white lies," why not do so today. The Bible says in 1st John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment