Saturday, December 16, 2017

He Is the King

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. 
And I don't mean Elvis. 
There is an old song I remember the chorus of. It goes something like this;
     Hallelujah, I'm walking with the King;
     Praise His Holy Name, I'm walking with the King.
     Oh Hallelujah, I'm walking with the King;
     Everyday I'm walking with the King.

This is a chorus that was sung fairly often in the church when I first turned to God. I still like it, although it is not sung much in our churches today. John said of Jesus Christ in Revelation 17:14 "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God is the Lord of lords and King of kings! John identifies Jesus again as, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." in Revelation 19:11-16.

The Bible says in Malachi 1:13-14 that God remonstrated with Israel, "Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD. But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen." Jesus Christ is, "...a great King," and His "name is dreadful among the heathen." The Lord Jesus is my King and my Lord. Is He yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment