Saturday, November 4, 2017

All Lives Matter to God

All scripture references are from the King James version unless otherwise noted.
We recently have seen a proliferation of signs saying, "black lives matter, blue lives matter, etc.," let me say without equivocation that all lives matter. Jesus answered a question in Matthew 22:36-40, "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." This is the true heartbeat of God. The Bible says in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." This statement of the Lord Jesus expresses the purpose that the Lord came into the world. It is also one of the best known and loved verses in the Bible. That is not all Jesus said that day to Nicodemus. You ought to read all the conversation between Nicodemus and the Lord.

So all lives matter to God. The Lord Jesus said in John 12:32  "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." Does that mean that all men will be saved? Jesus answered a question put to Him by one of His disciples in Luke 13:23-24. "Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." Jesus also said in Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." When the Lord said, "... if I be lifted up... (I)  will draw all men unto me," He was not saying that all men would come to Him but what He did at Calvary was for all mankind.

There is no question in my mind that God loves all mankind. I don't believe He loves wrongdoing though. The Bible says in 2nd Peter 3:9, that it is not God's will that any perish, but He does command all men everywhere to turn from their wicked ways. Jesus told His disciples in John 14:18,  "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." If you will trust the Lord Jesus today He will come to you and help you to live for him. I love the scripture in Jeremiah 17:7 which says, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is." He is my hope, is He yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment