Monday, August 17, 2015

Do You Know the Lord?

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
The Bible says in Jeremiah 31:33-34, "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." 

When I first turned to the Lord Jesus I heard that Jeremiah 31:33 was talking about the Pentecostal experience, that is receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in a new language. I believed it then and still believe it. When the Lord Jesus comes into anyone's heart they will have a new set of desires. God, speaking in Ezekiel 36:26-27  said, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep Mine ordinances, and do them." The Apostle Paul said in 2nd Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." A new life comes into being. 

If you have ever wondered if there was anything to the pentecostal experience, let me remind you of what the Lord Jesus said in John 7:37-39, "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" Look at the last verse, Jesus was speaking of the Holy Ghost, "which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" The Lord Jesus sent the promise of the Father to His waiting disciples on the day of Pentecost. I love that chorus that goes as follows;
     "Its for me, its for you, its for your children and their children too,
     It's something that nothing else can do.
     In Acts the second chapter you can read it for yourself,
     You don't have to ask anybody else,
     About the Holy Ghost that Jesus is giving away."

Friend of mine, you don't have to know the Lord through me or anybody else. If you have never repented of your sins, do so today. It is God's command. Be baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. He is the One who died for you at Calvary. God has promised that if you will believe in Him, "according to the scriptures," you too will receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost, just as they did on the day of Pentecost. You will then know the Lord Jesus for yourself. (See Acts 2:1-4  and Acts 2:38)

No comments:

Post a Comment