Sunday, June 15, 2014

Unutterable Love

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
I have tried over the years to express to others my conversion testimony. In every instance I have mentioned that in tones of the most unutterable love the Lord Jesus said, "Make Me your choice, I Am the only reasonable choice you have." Let me say at the outset, I am so glad I did make Jesus my choice that day in 1965. I never even knew at the time that there was such a word as "unutterable." However the Mirriam-Webster online dictionary defines it as an, "adjective \ˌən-ˈə-tə-rə-bəl\ :too strong or great to be expressed or described..." (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unutterable). That is how I have found the love and mercy of my Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ to be. 

This is Father's Day 2014. The Bible says in Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." And in John 14:6-10b, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?" I am glad I have a Father in the Lord Jesus.

Let me say that in Jesus Christ I know and have seen the Father. The Lord Jesus said in John 4:24, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." Have you ever seen a spirit? Do you even begin to comprehend the spirit world? There is a spirit world, there are angels and spirits. The Bible says in Acts 23:8, "For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both." The Apostle Paul was a Pharisee and he believed in both. 

The Bible says in John 3:16 that, "...God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The God that is a Spirit so loved you and I that the Bible says "...he gave his only begotten Son..." for us. That is truly unutterable love! I will ask you again, have you ever seen a spirit? Yet the Lord Jesus told the woman at the well, "God is a spirit..." No I don't think you have ever seen a spirit. In order to comprehend the unutterable love of the incomprehensible God, God came in the person of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. It is no wonder then that I felt the unutterable love of God that day in 1965 when the Lord Jesus, in tones of the most unutterable love said to me, "Make Me your choice, I am the only reasonable choice you have!"

Oh my friend, if you have never come to know this wonderful Saviour as your Lord and God, the Everlasting Father, I encourage you to meet Him today. The Bible says in Acts 17:27-28a, "That they (that is you) should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being..." He loves you with an unutterable love. Let me as an ambassador of God in Christ encourage you to read and obey the words of the Apostle Peter in Acts 2:38-39, "...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

No comments:

Post a Comment