Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Day of Judgment Will Come...

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
But it is not yet. Today is still the day of salvation. The Lord Jesus loves the sinner. He came with the express purpose of seeking and saving the lost. The Bible tells of an incident in Luke 19:2-10 of a man named Zacchaeus who worked for the Roman overlords as a tax collector. He was a publican, a hated class of people among the Jews but he was a son of Abraham. The Lord Jesus called Zacchaeus to come down from the tree where he very unceremoniously climbed that he might see Jesus. The Lord told Zacchaeus that He must abide at his house that day and said to His many critics that, "This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham." Then the Lord said the following, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

Have you ever felt lost, that you were to bad for the Lord to save you and that you were unworthy of the Lord Jesus? I have. I have never felt worthy of His kindness to me and my family. I have often said that I am not worthy of the least of God's mercy and yet He Has shown to me the greatest of them. Listen, today is the day of the Lord's mercy. The Bible says in 2nd Corinthians 6:2, "(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)..."  In Hebrews 2:3-4 the question is asked, "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?"

The Day of Judgment will come, but it is not yet. Today is "the Day of Salvation" for you and I. The Bible says in Hebrews 3:7-12"Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)   Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." Oh my friend don't reject so great a salvation as the Lord Jesus is offering you today.

Let me conclude this short posting by quoting one more passage of scripture, found in Matthew 11:28-30. The Lord Jesus is saying to you, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Repent of your sins today, be baptized in Jesus name to have your sins forgiven and be filled with the baptism of the Holy Ghost. (See Acts 2:38) Then you will not have to worry about the Day of Judgment that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment