Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm Thankful

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
It is November 25, 2013. This is the Thanksgiving season. I want to tell everyone that reads this that I'm thankful for all the the Lord Jesus has done for me. I do not feel worthy of all the blessings He has put in my life. I thank God today for my friends and loved ones. I thank God for the good times and the bad. I am reminded of a chorus, the words go something like this;
     Just want to tell you (Jesus) I'm thankful for all that You have done,
     For the stars and the moonlight, and the setting sun.
     When my work on earth is through I'm coming home to be with you,
     Just want to tell you, I'm thankful that's all.

Another part of that chorus, as I remember, was written many years ago by the late Bro. Orion Gleason when he was District Superintendent of the Oregon district and was facing some difficulty or other, the words of which are as follows;
     I'm even thankful for the trials You send from day to day,
     For they mellow my spirit and they teach me how to pray.
     Make me cling a little closer to Thee lest I fall,
     I just want to tell You, I'm thankful that's all.

If by chance you are feeling alone and dejected this Thanksgiving season let me encourage you to do what the Bible says in Hebrews 12:2, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." And again in 1st Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment