Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Reason for Social Media!

 All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. The Hebrew and Greek meaning of the words mentioned are from Strong's Hebrew Greek Dictionary.

In Acts 1:7-8 The Lord Jesus said, "...It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." The only reason I am on social media is to be a witness of The Lord Jesus' wonderful grace in my life. Let me say again that I was completely lost in sin when The Lord Jesus came into my life. I was guilty of most things talked about in the Old Testament. I could not help myself. My plea to the Lord Jesus was "if you will help me I will serve you from this day till the day I die." I said this because I knew I didn't have the moral courage to serve God by myself. He immediately helped me. In a moment of time He made everything new. He took out of my vocabulary all the bad language that had so plagued me and replaced it with a new desire, the desire to live for Jesus Christ, plus He said, "read My Word and start in Matthew."

My friend, you may not think you have what it takes to serve the Lord Jesus. You are right! Tell the Lord that and He will help you. The Bible says in Psalm 46:1 that, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." When I gave my heart to the Lord that day I had never read the Bible. Maybe you haven't either but the Word of God is right. If you are sincere in your desire, God will hear you and help you as He did me. If you hate the life of sin you are living let me assure you that Jesus loves you anyway. He will help you! The Bible says in 2nd Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." Take Him at His word, He cares. (see 1st Peter 5:7)


No comments:

Post a Comment