Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The Day I Gave My Heart To The Lord Jesus

This is a follow up to the "A Life Story" post.

"On a Monday in June of 1965 I was sitting in my mothers kitchen eating breakfast, smoking a cigarette and reading the Readers Digest. I was reading about a woman named Jeane Dixon who professed to be a prophetess of future events, (in other words a fortune teller). I wasn't interested in that sort of thing, I was just reading to pass the time away. It was then that I became aware of the Lord's presence in the room. I can't remember all that He said to me, but He told me that what I was reading was somewhat the way it would be but "she is not of Me." He proceeded to tell me that the life I was living was leading me to death and that I had a choice to make. Then in the tones of the most unutterable love I have ever felt, the Lord Jesus said to me, "make Me your choice, I am the only reasonable choice you have." I knew I could not live for Him because I didn't think I could,  so I said that day, "Lord Jesus if you will help me I will serve you from this day to the day I die" Immediately all the profanity and vulgarity was gone. God had replaced the things I thought I  could not live without with a new desire, the desire to live for Him. He had truly transformed my life. He took all the things that had so plagued me, particularly my speech patterns and replaced them with a lifestyle and speech patterns that were acceptable to Him. And he said to me, "read My word and start in Matthew." I then went into the living room and told my mother and my stepfather what had just happened. Then I went to my bedroom, found my Bible which I had never read and started in Matthew.  I have by in large continued from that day to this, with Jesus' help to live for and serve the Lord Jesus."

This also is an excerpt from  the post I published on May 12, 2020 called, "The Unutterable Love of Jesus Christ." It really happened. I'm so glad, and will eternally grateful for that life changing experience. This is perhaps the last time that I will ever be able to effect someone else's life with my testimony. I know that if you will ask Jesus, He will help you too. Jesus is coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment