Saturday, April 4, 2020

Are You Serving Jesus?

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
In 2nd Peter 1:8-11 the apostle said, "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." If you are truly serving the Lord Jesus, these things will be in you.

What things? In 2nd Peter 1:4-7 Peter referred to these as, "...exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." He said we need to have faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, and in verse 7 he said, "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity." We have, "escaped the corruption that is in this world..." This is a salvation that can be relied on. I don't know anyone who calls themselves a Christian that doesn't want to go to heaven. But we all need to pay heed to the word of God if we want to go there.

I remember one time that we, that is my family and I, went through what to me was a great trial of my faith.  I read in the Bible in Malachi 3:16-18 these words of comfort. The Lord assured me that when He came back he would include me in His jewels. Then in the last verse of chapter 3 He assured me that I also would, "return and discern  between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." Will you (and I) be among them that serve God? Not everyone who says to Him, "...Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Even those who have performed great miracles in Jesus name. (See Matthew 7:21-23) I have seen and partook in some miraculous events in my life also. 

What is the Father's will? Jesus said in Acts 1:5, "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." God wants to fill you with the Holy Ghost! Then in verse 8 the Lord said, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." The Lord had told Nicodemus in John 3:8 that, "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." My friend when the early church disciples received the Holy Ghost there was a sound, "...a sound from heaven..." as they were baptized with the Holy Ghost and began to speak in languages they had not learned. (See Acts 2:1-4

Have you received the Holy Spirit as they did on the Day of Pentecost? You can and should! When Peter stood up on that day he quoted Joel and said, "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams..." (Acts 2:16-21) Please note that Joel prophesied that God would pour out of His Spirit, "...upon all flesh..." You and I have no excuse for not receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost and being ready for heaven. Jesus is coming soon, are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment