Friday, February 16, 2018

I Am Not Ashamed

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
The Apostle Paul said in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.Truly the gospel of Christ is, "...the power of God unto salvation..." Jesus Christ is the only one who can save us today. Not Hinduism,  nor Buddhism, not Islamism, not atheism, not anything or anyone but Jesus Christ alone can save. It is no wonder then that Paul the apostle said he was not ashamed. Even Judaism cannot save, only the Lord Jesus. The Bible says in Acts 4:12,  "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." I don't think the apostles then, nor any true Christian since has believed otherwise.

Jesus said in Mark 8:38"Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." If we, like the Apostle Paul,  are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, why do we oftentimes hang back from declaring it? I know I have. Have you? Yet I too am not ashamed of the Lord Jesus and what He did for me that day.  The Lord had said to me that day in tones of the most unutterable love imaginable, "make Me your choice, I am the only reasonable choice you have."  I replied, "Lord Jesus if you will help me I will serve you from this day to the day I die," Immediately He cleansed my mind and said, "read My word and start in Matthew." He changed my life completely in June of 1965. In a moment of time He delivered me from being a foul mouthed person who only wanted to have his own way to a clean hearted individual who only wanted God's way. To this day, almost 53 years later, He has helped me and I am thankful.

I don't know why I am so reticent in declaring what the Lord Jesus has done for me. But this one thing I do, I am still as determined as I was on that day to serve the Lord Jesus, "from this day to the day I die," with Him helping me.  There are numerous questions I have about God's so great salvation that I am not able to answer, but until the Lord comes for me or until I go to be with Him, I will continue to serve the Lord Jesus. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is God's power to save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment