Thursday, November 30, 2017

Where's There Life There is Hope

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
This was one of the sayings that my mother used to say. How true! Once an individual passes on there is no further hope for them unless they died in hope of, "a better resurrection." (See Hebrews 11:35) The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 11:3b, "... if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be." How imperative then does it behoove us to be ready to go. Well do I remember the days of my youth when I had no hope. I remember what I used to be. The Bible says in Isaiah 51:1, "Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged." When the Lord Jesus found us none of us were looking for Him. I thank God for putting hope in my heart.

None of us would have any hope if it had not been for Jesus Christ in our lives. Apostle Paul said in Romans 3:10"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one..." He said in verse 23 of the same chapter,  "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God..." You were not righteous nor was I of ourselves. But it is the Lord's righteousness that saves us. The Apostle Paul said in Romans 5:21,  "That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."

Why not take advantage of the hope that the Lord Jesus affords. The apostle went on to say in Romans 8:24-25,  "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." Which takes me to the title of this post, where there is life there is hope. If you have never truly put your trust in the Lord Jesus, let me encourage you to do so today. The Bible says in Jeremiah 17:7, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is." What a consolation that verse is to me. Let it be yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment