Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Choosing God's Way

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. 
Sometimes that seems a hard choice for people. The Bible says in Isaiah 55:8-9"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." They think that it is too hard to live that way. But listen to Isaiah 55:6-7"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." God has never taken delight in "the death of the wicked." (See Ezekiel 33:11) Yes, God's ways are higher than our ways, but His way will save us in the end.

So if I choose God's ways, how am I to know how to conduct my life? In answer to that question, we know nothing about God except what is revealed in His Word. So knowing how to live for God is explained in the Word of God. It is in reading the Word of God that we begin to understand God's ways. Which brings me to the day of my conversion. 

I was 23 years old the day I turned to God. I had been reading the Reader's Digest about a woman who had made some prophetic utterances and claimed they were of God. I didn't know God then. It was then that the Lord spoke to me calling me by name. I didn't hear a audible voice or see a vision, I just knew that it was the Lord Jesus that was speaking. What He said to me that day was, and I quote, "What you are reading is somewhat the way it will be but she is not of Me." He further said to me, "the life you are living is leading you to death. You have a choice to make. Make Me your choice, I am the only reasonable choice you have." As I have said many times when the Lord said to me, "make Me your choice..." He spoke in the most unutterable tones of love! 

I had tried on my own to turn my life to God previously without success, so I spoke to the Lord and said, and again I quote, "Lord Jesus if you will help me I will serve you from this day to the day I die!" The Lord immediately cleansed my heart from all the profanity and vulgarity that had been so much a part of my life and that I had hated myself for. And He said, "Read My word and start in Matthew." I didn't fully understand it then, but the Lord Jesus was telling me how to live for Him successfully. That was 52+ years ago, and He has been my help ever since. 

Friend, if you have had a hard time in choosing God's way because the way seemed too hard, read His word! The Bible says in Isaiah 35:8''And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." Someone might say that they do nothing but make mistakes. God will look upon you through the eyes of the Lord Jesus and see none. For He nailed them to His Cross at Calvary. Believe Him today. Cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you. (See 1st Peter 5:7)



No comments:

Post a Comment