Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lord Jesus, Who Is Right?

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
When I first turned to the Lord Jesus I remember sitting on the edge of my seat as the Bible teacher, Brother Barnett, taught from the Book of Daniel correlating it to the Book of Revelation. Brother Barnett was an older man and quite a scholar who had spent many years studying the scriptures. At the time of my conversion, the pastor, Bro. Edmund Werner was temporarily out due to a heart attack. When he was well enough he came back and re-assumed the pastorate.  Shortly thereafter he had an older evangelist come and preach and teach to the church.

This evangelist, I don't recall his name, was an old fashioned chart teacher. I remember him spreading his charts from one side of the back of the platform to the other. His main focus was on the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation and how they correlated. Again I sat on the edge of my seat and drank in the teaching as it enthralled my soul. In Brother Barnett's and the Evangelist's I was enraptured by the prophecies and fulfillment of the Word of God. Suddenly I began to realize that what Brother Barnett and the Evangelist were saying was not always the same things about the scriptures. I became confused.  In the simplicity of my newfound walk with God I asked the Lord, "whose right?" The Lord Jesus did not hesitate in answering my question. He said, "I'm right!"

The Bible says in Psalm 33:4, "For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." I do not mean to take exception to what either the Bible teacher said or what the Evangelist had to say. The Lord Jesus showed me early on in my walk with God that the Word of God is right. I have always loved the chorus , "The Word of God is Right." The words are as follows;
     The Word of God is right Hallelujah to the Lamb,
     The Word of God is right Hallelujah to the Lamb,
     The Word of God is right Hallelujah to the Lamb,
     Hallelujah to the Lamb.

     It makes me walk upright Hallelujah to the Lamb,
     It makes me walk upright Hallelujah to the Lamb,
     It makes me walk upright Hallelujah to the Lamb,
     Hallelujah to the Lamb.

I had always believed the Word of God was true. But especially since my conversion in 1965 have I believed the truth of God's Word . I am reminded of another old chorus we used to sing, "If Jesus Said It I Believe It." The words go like this;
     If Jesus said it I believe it, His Word cannot lie.
     If it's written in the Bible, I'll believe it till I die.
     Though the mountains be removed and cast into the sea,
     God's Word shall live forever throughout eternity.

My friend, "...without faith," the Bible says, "it is impossible to please him..." (See Hebrews 11:6) If you are struggling with doubt in your life, the Word of God is right! Put your faith in the Lord Jesus today. The Bible says in Acts 2:38, "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." It is God's command and promise to you and your children and God will never break His Word. Obey Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment