Saturday, December 27, 2014

When God Chooses Your Delusions

All scripture quotations are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible unless otherwise noted.
The Apostle Paul said in 2nd Thessalonians 2:7-12,  "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." I used to tell the church in Tigard, Oregon that it was a dangerous thing when God chose one's delusions.  I never want to come to the place where I allow myself to be deluded.

The Bible says in 1st John 4:8 that "...God is love." And yet in Romans 9:13  the Bible says, "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." The God who the Bible says is love hated Esau? The reason was that Esau despised his birthright.  We find the story of Jacob and Esau in Genesis 25:25-34. (You ought to take the time to read the story for yourself). Jacob, the Book of Genesis tells us was cooking some soup made of lentiles when Esau came in from the field. Esau was hungry and asked Jacob for some of his soup. Jacob said, and I paraphrase, I'll make you a deal. You sell me your birthright and I'll give you my soup. Esau said, "I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?" After Jacob made Esau to swear that he would give up his birthright for a bowl of lentil soup he bought the birthright from Esau, "thus Esau despised his birthright."

Oh my friend, don't do as Esau did and despise your birthright. Don't take the word of God lightly. The Bible says in Psalm 138:2"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." There are no unimportant verses of scripture in the Bible for the Bible says in 2nd Timothy 3:16-17, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." I asked the church in Tigard, "is there some scripture that you have a problem with?"  John 1:14 says, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." What part of Jesus don't you like?

The Lord Jesus Christ said in John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." The Word of God will separate you and I unto the Lord and from the world if we will believe and heed it. The Apostle Paul wrote in 2nd Corinthians 6:14-18, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." I can't be separate myself from the world without God's help and neither can you.  Jesus said in John 15::5, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." 

The Bible says in Galatians 6:7, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Don't begin to think that God's Word is not important to Him. Listen to what the Bible says of Israel in 2nd Chronicles 36:15-16, "And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place: But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy." God's word is truth. Not just a part of it but all of it. Love God's word above all else in your life, lest God sends you a strong delusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment