Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Place of Death and the Place of Life

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
I love that old song "At The Cross." The words to the chorus go something like this;
     At the cross at the cross where I first saw the light,
     And the burdens of my heart rolled away;
     It was there by faith I received my sight
     And now I am happy all the day.
The place where the Lord Jesus died is the same place that you can find life. The Bible says in John 10:10-11 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." Jesus came into this world to give His life for you and to give you a more abundant life.

The Lord Jesus is that Good Shepherd who gave Himself on the cross of Calvary that you and I might have life and have it more abundantly. If you are unsure of your relationship to God, why don't you meet the Lord Jesus at the cross. If you will come to the Lord Jesus and meet him at the foot of the cross, He will lead you to that more abundant life. If you have never obeyed the gospel, start today with repentance. It is as simple as turning around. Turning from the direction your life has taken you and turning to God and going in the direction He leads you. When you sincerely repent of your sins to God, the Lord Jesus will lead you to that abundant life He promised. Read and obey Acts 2:38.

No comments:

Post a Comment