Saturday, December 7, 2013

Oh Glory Glory Glory, Oh Glory To The Lamb

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. 
As we were taking my sister-in-law, Janet, and brother-in-law Preston, to Phoenix this A.M. we were reminiscing about some of the older choruses we used to sing in the Tacoma Washington church back in the 1960's. Here are the words to one my brother-in-law Preston remembered. They are as follows;
     On Sunday I am happy, on Monday full of joy,
     On Tuesday I have peace within that nothing can destroy.
     On Wednesday and on Thursday, I'm walking in the light,
     On Friday it is heaven below, and Saturday's always bright.

     Oh glory  glory glory, Oh glory to the Lamb,

     Oh hallelujah I am saved and I'm so glad I am.
     Oh glory  glory glory, Oh glory to the Lamb,
     Oh hallelujah I am saved, I'm bound for the promised land.

I am truly glad that the Lord saved me. I certainly don't mean to continually talk about myself but the above chorus is exactly how I feel. As the second stanza of the chorus says, Oh hallelujah I am saved and I'm so glad I am. So many older songs and choruses come into my mind, it is too bad that for the most part they are unknown to the present generation. There are some of the more modern and known choruses that are OK. But I guess that, for the most part, they just don't express my innermost feelings. There is another chorus that I really like. It goes as follows;

     Thank You thank You thank You, Thank You for the light.
     Living in a world of darkness, I thank You for the light
     Thank You thank You thank You, Thank You for the light.
     Thank You Lord for the light.

You see the Lord Jesus brought me "...out of darkness into his marvellous light." (See 1st Peter 2:9) If you are reading this blog and have never experienced the joy of the Lord in your life, the Lord Jesus loves you and is not willing that you perish. (See 2nd Peter 3:9) Let me encourage you to repent of your sins, find someone to baptize you in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ, to have your sins forgiven, and let God fill you with His Holy Spirit. (See Acts 2:38) I promise you, you will never be sorry, which by-the-way reminds me of another old chorus,

     I'm not sorry, I'm not sorry, I answered the gospel call,
     Jesus took my heavy load, now I'm on the glory road,
     And I'm not sorry, I'm not sorry, I'm not sorry at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment