Sunday, December 22, 2013

Every Body Ought To Know

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
There is an old chorus called, "Everybody Ought to Know." The words go something like this;
     Everybody ought to know, everybody ought to know,
     Everybody ought to know who Jesus is.
     Everybody ought to know, everybody ought to know,
     Everybody ought to know who Jesus is.

     He's the Lily of the Valley,

     He's the Bright and Morning Star
     He's the Fairest of Ten Thousand,
     Everybody ought to know!
Beautiful words! 
As one who has met the Lord Jesus, (you can read my testimony at www.thepentecostalpreacher.net), I can testify that the Lord Jesus is everything His Word says He is.  Since that day He has become everything to me.

I remember the day I met the Lord Jesus, the day He revealed Himself to me. I was living at my parent's home, just a lost sinner, without any hope. After the Lord spoke to me, I immediately went into the living room and told my mother and stepfather what had just occurred. I then went to my bedroom, found the Book of Matthew and started reading in obedience to the Lord's command. I also wanted everyone I knew to hear what the Lord Jesus had done in my life that they too might experience His saving grace. I still have that desire and believe that everybody ought to know who Jesus is. 


If, by chance, you are reading this and you have never found out who Jesus is, let me tell you that God loves you. He wants to save you. The message of the Bible is clear, repent of your sins, find someone to baptize you in the saving name of the Lord Jesus, (there is salvation in no other name, see Acts 4:12) and be filled with the Holy Spirit of God, (See Acts 2:38).

No comments:

Post a Comment