Friday, November 29, 2013

Walking With God

All scripture references, unless otherwise noted, are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
The Bible says in Genesis 5:21-24 "And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him." I will never forget a message I heard preached many years ago in which the preacher said that "...Enoch was a was not..." (I don't remember much else of that sermon though.) The only other place in the Bible that mentions someone who "walked with God" is in Genesis 6:9 where the Bible speaks of Noah and says. "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God." It is my desire that it can be said of me, "he walked with God!" 

I remember one day when I was coming home on the bus from my job in Portland. We had been having services in our home for a couple of years without any visible results. As I rode the bus to my stop that day, praying silently to the Lord, I said to Him that if He thought me a success, it really didn't matter whether I was successful in man's view ( I was probably feeling a little sorry for myself). On the other hand, if I were to build a large congregation and have the praise of men yet not have the Lord's approval, I would not be a success no matter what man may say. Shortly thereafter I was privileged to baptize our first convert in Jesus name who by the way is still living for God. 

I want to publicly give God all the praise for what He has allowed me to do in His kingdom. He alone is worthy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment