Monday, May 6, 2013

This is the testimony of my conversion

All scripture references are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
I have copied and pasted this from the Facebook page for John Dinwiddie. This is the testimony of my conversion. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Going up on 48 years ago I was a 23 year old lost sinner headed for a devil's hell. I had been through the U.S. Army and learned all the bad stuff a person could learn. The Lord Jesus visited me in June of 1965. After He told me , among other things, that the life I was living would end in death and that I had a choice to make, in tones of the most unutterable love, He said these words to me, "Make Me your choice. I am the only reasonable choice you have." I remember I stood to my feet and turned in the direction I sensed His presence and replied, "Lord Jesus if you will help me I will serve you from this day to the day I die." He immediately cleansed my heart from all the filthiness and vulgarity and profanity that I had learned in the military and had been so much a part of my life. Then He said these words to me, "Read My word and start in Matthew."

I obeyed His voice that day and read the New Testament through that week. On Friday I was baptized in Spanaway Lake in the Tacoma area, in the name of the Lord Jesus (the only name "under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved," see Acts 4:12b) for the remission of sins according to the Apostle Peter's command in Acts 2:38. A little less that one year later I was baptized with the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues, e.g., a language I did not learn, as the Holy Spirit of God gave the utterance. I am now almost 72 years of age and want to take this opportunity to testify of the faithfulness of the Lord Jesus from that day to this. "He is faithful that promised," see Hebrews 10:23b. Let me conclude with the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me say to any who may read this, if you have never repented of your sins, do so today! The Bible says in 2nd Corinthians 6:2 that "(...he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) Obey the gospel, be baptized in Jesus precious name for the Bible says in Acts 4:12, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." and God has promised you the baptism of the Holy Ghost, (See Acts 2:38-40)

No comments:

Post a Comment