Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thoughts from Yesterday

As I was going through some papers of my deceased mother, I came upon a couple of poems I wrote in the early to mid 1970's and sent to her, (I had forgotten that I wrote them). Here is one.

When tongues pass away 
and knowledge shall cease,
then shall I be glad
in Thy glorious peace.

When my sorrow is gone
and my tears cease to be,
when in Thy likeness 
I awake Thy face to see.

When I have apprehended
when I have fought the fight,
when I have gained the crown
by Thy Spirit, not my might.

Then shall I be glad
when my crown is at Thy feet,
for in Thee O my God
shall my rest be complete.

I told my mother in the letter that as I read through the poem I was blessed and I hoped she would be too.  My prayer today is for those who may read through the poem to be blessed also.

No comments:

Post a Comment