Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where's the Fire?

I used to pastor in Aberdeen SD. I remember the title of one sermon I preached there. The title was, "I've Got the Holy Ghost, But Where's the Fire?  If my memory serves, the text was taken from John the Baptist's statement, in Luke 3:16 where John said, "I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire..." I don't recall much else of that sermon except the title, but the question still remains, where is the fire?  Oh, I know that we have a lot of services where emotion rules and we are encouraged to spread the good news that Jesus still saves, but the question still remains, where is the fire? 

1 comment:

  1. Good message. So, would you comment on what you mean, by where is the fire? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete